On January 1, 1875, “The Baptist Church of Christ at Swainsboro” was founded by eleven men. That same year on February 22 the property of the Church was deeded over by George W. Moring. Later, the church was fully constituted after the first house of worship was built on property. That first building, which sits on the corner of West Main and Roberts Streets, is now used by the Swainsboro Primitive Baptist Church.
Soon the Baptists wanted a new location. In 1896 they erected a building on Coleman Street on a lot donated by John C. Coleman. However, the noise from nearby trains caused the members to quickly look for another location.
In 1914 the church moved to the corner of North Main and Church Streets. This less noisy location was also donated by Mr. Coleman. After thirty years, the congregation needed more space.
Randolph Coleman donated several lots facing onto Pine Street and the Church bought the remaining amount of land that constitute its present-day location on West Main Street. The current sanctuary was consecrated on March 6, 1949. Since its completion, the original structure has been altered twice. First, in 1956 two transepts, a three story educational wing and a second story addition behind the sanctuary were added. Then in 1966 the addition of a courtyard, offices, a social hall, and classrooms completed the complex. In 2011 the church completed contruction of a new Family Life Center.